few questions

  • norb9999
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
      Hello,

      I don't understand what informations brings column kb F.
      For example:

      Hits | Files | kB F | kB In | kB Out | Visits
      2657 94.32% | 2657 94.99% | 298852 99.73% | 0 0.00% | 0 0.00% | 1
      1.96%

      Above data is one visit, 0 kB out, 0 kB in, 2657 hits and 298852 Kb F.
      Is this kB F column informs about FTP connections ?

      or second example:

      Hits | kB F | kB In | kB Out | URL

      1325 47.04% | 133340 44.50% | 0 0.00% | 0 0.00%
      | /webalizer/usage_200806.html

      How /webalizer/usage_200806.html was opened where there is such
      statisctics like in second example?

      Another thing is that statistics change in way that I dont understand.

      After first day there is kbOut<>0 and kbIn <>0 and after second day
      kbOut=0 and kbIn=0. Why this statistics has changed from greater 0 to
      equal 0 ?

      Greetings,
      Norbert
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
        > I don't understand what informations brings column kb F.

        Sorry, The webalizer does not provide the column you describe.. you are
        using a modified version, not the official one.

      • Leonard Will
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2008
          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "norb9999" <norb9999@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I don't understand what informations brings column kb F.
          > For example:
          >
          > Hits | Files | kB F | kB In | kB Out | Visits
          > 2657 94.32% | 2657 94.99% | 298852 99.73% | 0 0.00% | 0 0.00% | 1
          > 1.96%
          >
          > Above data is one visit, 0 kB out, 0 kB in, 2657 hits and 298852 Kb F.
          > Is this kB F column informs about FTP connections ?

          I understand from Bradford L. Barrett's response to this enquiry that
          these statistics come from an unofficial version of Webalizer on which
          he cannot comment. Nevertheless, that version seems to be widely used,
          as can be seen from a Google search for [Webalizer "kb F"], for
          example. Perhaps someone else who knows about this version can help.

          My ISP runs such a version, and I would like to be able to interpret
          the statistics, and in particular to have a definition of what data is
          shown in "kB F", "kb In" and "kB Out". What does the "F" in "kB F"
          stand for?

          There is a note from November 2006 at
          [http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=399017]showing how
          to make the "In" and "Out" statistics show, and the point was also
          discussed in this list in 2004, starting at
          [http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/webalizer/message/2792%5d. Nobody
          says what the "F" means, though, and that is bugging me. Any ideas?

          Leonard Will