Re: error compiling 2.20 with gcc < 4 ?

  • hansmeiserweb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30 3:28 AM
      Servus,

      > I don't believe your errors are due to the version of gcc, but the
      > version of the berkeley DB you are using. You need db v4.1 or higher.

      Ooops, yes. 4.0 was installed. I packaged higher version a few months
      ago but forgot to install it on compile-machine. ;)
      No Problem with formerly written dns_cache.db ?

      Can we expect more versions in the future? I think the webalizer-
      community is very faithful...

      Prost
      Hans
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30 11:00 AM
        > No Problem with formerly written dns_cache.db ?

        No problems.. the on disk format is the same, and previous incarnations
        will work with the new code (which was a goal of the 2.20 release; to
        be a 'drop-in' replacement). You can verify by running 'wcmgr' against
        your old cache files.

        > Can we expect more versions in the future?

        Yes..

        --
        Bradford L. Barrett brad at mrunix dot net