Re: error compiling 2.20 with gcc < 4 ?

  • Brad Barrett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
      --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "hansmeiserweb" <hansmeiserweb@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > i want to upgrade webaklizer to new version. My newer maschines run
      > gcc 4.x and i can compile successfully.
      >
      > I have a lot of old maschines i cannot upgrade with gcc v4 (too old)
      > with gcc 3.4.6 i got following errors.

      I don't believe your errors are due to the version of gcc, but the
      version of the berkeley DB you are using. You need db v4.1 or higher.
      What version are you running on your old machines? Chances are you
      just need to upgrade to a newer version of DB or disable the DNS/GeoDB
      code at configure time (using --enable-dns=no).

      Cheers
    • hansmeiserweb
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
        Servus,

        > I don't believe your errors are due to the version of gcc, but the
        > version of the berkeley DB you are using. You need db v4.1 or higher.

        Ooops, yes. 4.0 was installed. I packaged higher version a few months
        ago but forgot to install it on compile-machine. ;)
        No Problem with formerly written dns_cache.db ?

        Can we expect more versions in the future? I think the webalizer-
        community is very faithful...

        Prost
        Hans
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30, 2008
          > No Problem with formerly written dns_cache.db ?

          No problems.. the on disk format is the same, and previous incarnations
          will work with the new code (which was a goal of the 2.20 release; to
          be a 'drop-in' replacement). You can verify by running 'wcmgr' against
          your old cache files.

          > Can we expect more versions in the future?

          Yes..

          --
          Bradford L. Barrett brad at mrunix dot net