error compiling 2.20 with gcc < 4 ?

  • hansmeiserweb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29 2:58 AM

      i want to upgrade webaklizer to new version. My newer maschines run
      gcc 4.x and i can compile successfully.

      I have a lot of old maschines i cannot upgrade with gcc v4 (too old)
      with gcc 3.4.6 i got following errors.

      Configure-Line ist:

      ./configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-language=german --enable-dns --
      with-geodb=/usr/share/GeoD

      dns_resolv.c: In function `dns_resolver':
      dns_resolv.c:199: error: incompatible type for argument 4 of indirect
      function call
      dns_resolv.c:199: error: too many arguments to function
      dns_resolv.c: In function `open_cache':
      dns_resolv.c:773: error: incompatible type for argument 4 of indirect
      function call
      dns_resolv.c:773: error: too many arguments to function
      dns_resolv.c: In function `geodb_open':
      dns_resolv.c:831: error: incompatible type for argument 4 of indirect
      function call
      dns_resolv.c:831: error: too many arguments to function
      make: *** [dns_resolv.o] Error 1

      What to do now?
      Thanks
      Andre
    • Brad Barrett
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 29 10:03 AM
        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "hansmeiserweb" <hansmeiserweb@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > i want to upgrade webaklizer to new version. My newer maschines run
        > gcc 4.x and i can compile successfully.
        >
        > I have a lot of old maschines i cannot upgrade with gcc v4 (too old)
        > with gcc 3.4.6 i got following errors.

        I don't believe your errors are due to the version of gcc, but the
        version of the berkeley DB you are using. You need db v4.1 or higher.
        What version are you running on your old machines? Chances are you
        just need to upgrade to a newer version of DB or disable the DNS/GeoDB
        code at configure time (using --enable-dns=no).

        Cheers
      • hansmeiserweb
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 30 3:28 AM
          Servus,

          > I don't believe your errors are due to the version of gcc, but the
          > version of the berkeley DB you are using. You need db v4.1 or higher.

          Ooops, yes. 4.0 was installed. I packaged higher version a few months
          ago but forgot to install it on compile-machine. ;)
          No Problem with formerly written dns_cache.db ?

          Can we expect more versions in the future? I think the webalizer-
          community is very faithful...

          Prost
          Hans
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 30 11:00 AM
            > No Problem with formerly written dns_cache.db ?

            No problems.. the on disk format is the same, and previous incarnations
            will work with the new code (which was a goal of the 2.20 release; to
            be a 'drop-in' replacement). You can verify by running 'wcmgr' against
            your old cache files.

            > Can we expect more versions in the future?

            Yes..

            --
            Bradford L. Barrett brad at mrunix dot net