Re: [webalizer] Missing days in my webalizer

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
      > My new stats page from June shows untill the 23rd but is missing the
      > rest of june.
      >
      > I can see the that in log files in the new host information for the june
      > 23rd untill the rest of the month of june.
      >
      > How do I need to do to include the rest of the informaiton for the month of
      > June?

      Sounds like you haven't processed any logs from the 'new' server. Just
      run 'em through the webalizer to update your report.

      --
      Bradford L. Barrett brad at mrunix dot net

    • Néstor
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008

        I actually copied the entire stats directory to the new host and combined

        June's log file from the old server with the log files of the new server.

        I still not able to get the stats between june 23rd and June 30th.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
          > I actually copied the entire stats directory to the new host and combined
          > June's log file from the old server with the log files of the new server.
          >
          > I still not able to get the stats between june 23rd and June 30th.

          Rule #1: Logs must be in chronological order

          --
          Bradford L. Barrett brad at mrunix dot net

          Any GUI that doesn't allow full customization - or does not
          allow you to make it operate and look like any other GUI...
          should be considerd broken. Jim Gettys, X-windows co-author
        • Néstor
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008

            Yes, I did that.  Copied it in chronological order.

            Do I have to remove the previously created June html/png files before I run webalizer again?

            Do I need to do something with the webalizer.hist or webalizer.current?

            Thanks,

            Nestor :-)

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
              > Yes, I did that. Copied it in chronological order.

              When you run the program, does it show lots of 'ignored' records? If so,
              then either your log is not in chronological order or you are using
              incremental mode and have processed records after the month you are trying
              to generate.

              Since you indicate you have a webalizer.current file, I guess you are
              using incremental mode. If you have the whole month worth of logs,
              you can remove the webalizer.current file and reprocess the month. If
              you still get lots of 'ignored' records, then you need to sort your log
              file to make it chronological.

              --
              Bradford L. Barrett brad at mrunix dot net

              How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
              know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
              risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG
            • Néstor
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008

                I do not have the logs for the months previous to June.

                If I remove the webalizer.current file and run it again,  would I loose the previous month

                of stats?

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 22, 2008
                  > I do not have the logs for the months previous to June.
                  >
                  > If I remove the webalizer.current file and run it again, would I loose the
                  > previous month of stats?

                  No. webalizer.current only keeps data for the _current_ month.