multiple logs for one website - how

  • sevillar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2008
      I just replaced my web server with a new one and I copied the web
      files to my new host web server. I copied the "usage" directory
      hoping to have the same stats but I found out that I only get the
      stats on the new host for the time that the new host has been up.

      The old server is still accessible only by me and I can see all of
      the old stats.

      How can I recover the stats that I have on the old host web server?

      Thanks,

      NĂ©stor :-)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2008
        > I just replaced my web server with a new one and I copied the web
        > files to my new host web server. I copied the "usage" directory
        > hoping to have the same stats but I found out that I only get the
        > stats on the new host for the time that the new host has been up.

        Sounds like 1) either you didn't copy your old stats to the proper
        place or 2) you didn't copy your old history file over.

        > The old server is still accessible only by me and I can see all of
        > the old stats.
        >
        > How can I recover the stats that I have on the old host web server?

        Make sure both are setup properly, and verify where your new server is
        puting the stats and history file. Once you know that, it's just a
        matter of putting the old data in the new location(s) and your server
        should just pick up from where the old one left off.

        --
        Bradford L. Barrett brad at mrunix dot net