Webalizer v. Awstats

  • frodojrr147
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 2007
      Hello. New to this group. I host several sites at Bluehost.com for
      myself and clients. Both Webalizer and Awstats are available for my
      use, and I have both enabled on most domains.

      I'm confused as Webalizer's stats are often 1.5 times higher than
      those of Awstats, sometimes more. This month, for example, one of my
      sites shows 6911 visits on Awstats from 2479 unique visitors, and
      Webalizer for the same site shows 12371 visits from 3695 Unique Sites
      and 1216 unique URLs.

      How can I compare the two, and which set of stats do I take to
      potential advertisers? How much of the difference is simply "apples
      and oranges," in that Webalizer and Awstats simply read and interpret
      the servers differently?

      Thank you.

      Gary Kopycinski
      http://www.enewspf.com