Importing older logs into webalizer

  • dnanib
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2007
      Hello all,

      I run Webalizer for a load-balanced webserver farm with several
      name-based virtual hosts (each vhost logs in a different file). I have
      a daily cron that pushes all the logfiles from each webserver to my
      log processing box, where a separate instance of webalizer runs for
      each vhost with a different configuration file. This works just fine,
      but recently - 10 days or so back - some more webservers were
      introduced into the load balanced pool, but my webalizer setup wasn't
      updated along with that.

      I have all the unimported log files stored safely, and I am looking
      for the right method of importing them into webalizer. From my reading
      of the docs, I figure I should just remove the .current & .hist files,
      run webalizer for the missing log files, remove .current and .hist
      once again, and then let normal processing resume. Is that the right
      approach?

      My regular processing commandline is:

      cat logfile-vhost1-host1 logfile-vhost1-host2 ... | webalizer -c
      /path/to/webalizer-vhost1.conf; rm -f logfile-vhost1-host1
      logfile-vhost1-host2 ...

      A shell loop runs over all possible vhosts.

      TIA,

      Binand