webalizer error

  • kripakaranp
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2007
      hello!whenever try to run webalizer the following error pops up.
      Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.21-32.ELsmp) English
      Using logfile /var/log/squid/access.log (squid)
      Creating output in /var/www/usage
      Hostname for reports is 'proxy'
      History file not found...
      Previous run data not found...
      No valid records found!
      pl.help me to resolve this problem. Advance thanks
    • no_commercial_message
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 5, 2007
        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "kripakaranp" <kripakaranp@...> wrote:

        > hello!whenever try to run webalizer the following error pops up.
        > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.21-32.ELsmp) English
        > Using logfile /var/log/squid/access.log (squid)
        > Creating output in /var/www/usage
        > Hostname for reports is 'proxy'
        > History file not found...
        > Previous run data not found...
        > No valid records found!
        > pl.help me to resolve this problem. Advance thanks

        Hi, I think webalizer writes the previous run data to the current
        directory. But there are configuration options for the location
        of the run data, and the DNS cache. There are both configuration
        file options in webalizer.conf and command line options. You might
        want to review both to confirm that they are doing what you expect.

        Good Luck,

        Rich
      • kripakaranp
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
          Hello,
          I use webalizer with the squid logfile and when I start the webalizer I
          get that messages:

          Error: Skipping record (bad date): [01/jan/1970:08:54:18 -0000] [51102]

          No valid records found!
          Before that it always work fine. I did not change anything in
          the config.
          The LogType is squid.

          Does anybody have an idea what I must change/edit to fix it?
        • highbridgesb
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24, 2007
            Can anybody give me a pointer please? I'm new to Webalizer and want to
            know what Visits mean, what hits mean etc etc.

            Steve

            --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "kripakaranp" <kripakaranp@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            > I use webalizer with the squid logfile and when I start the webalizer
            > get that messages:
            >
            > Error: Skipping record (bad date): [01/jan/1970:08:54:18 -0000]
            [51102]

            > No valid records found!
            > Before that it always work fine. I did not change anything in
            > the config.
            > The LogType is squid.
            >
            > Does anybody have an idea what I must change/edit to fix it?

          • Frank
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 24, 2007
              highbridgesb schrieb:
              > Can anybody give me a pointer please? I'm new to Webalizer and want to
              > know what Visits mean, what hits mean etc etc.
              >

              > Steve

              http://www.webalizer.org/webalizer_help.html

              regards,
              Frank

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 24, 2007
                > Error: Skipping record (bad date): [01/jan/1970:08:54:18 -0000] [51102]

                You had a web server up and running in 1970?!?