Re: [webalizer] stats

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
      brad_2255 wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > i use webalizer for my web page's statistics.
      > I have some doubt, hope you can help:
      >
      > 1- the detailed monthly report can only be seen for each single month
      > or it can be seen also on a whole year period?

      there's a overview that covers the last 12 months... once you choose a month to view, everything is for just that one
      month until you go back to the overview and choose another month...

      note: the overview page only shows the current and last 11 months... however, all the files for past months older than
      that are still on the machine unless you are purging them off somehow... this means that you can create another page
      that can allow you access to all past months' data that is older than a year...

      > 2- in the referrers section what does "direct request" mean?

      they typed the url in the address bar instead of clicking on it somewhere...

      > 3- in the country section what does "Network" mean?

      .net

      --
      _\/
      (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
        Hi waldo kitty,

        thank you for repyling.
        points 2 and 3 are clear

        Concerning point 1, what i miss is the detailed datas ( Referrers,
        country etc) that i find clicking in the month but i can't see in the
        overview of the last 12 months. Is there the possibility to see all
        the detalied datas for the 12 months at once?

        Thank you

        Regards

        Roberto

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty <wkitty42@...> wrote:

        > brad_2255 wrote:
        > > Hi everyone,
        > >
        > > i use webalizer for my web page's statistics.
        > > I have some doubt, hope you can help:
        > >
        > > 1- the detailed monthly report can only be seen for each single
        month
        > > or it can be seen also on a whole year period?
        >
        > there's a overview that covers the last 12 months... once you
        choose a month to view, everything is for just that one
        > month until you go back to the overview and choose another month...
        >
        > note: the overview page only shows the current and last 11
        months... however, all the files for past months older than
        > that are still on the machine unless you are purging them off
        somehow... this means that you can create another page
        > that can allow you access to all past months' data that is older
        than a year...

        > > 2- in the referrers section what does "direct request" mean?
        >
        > they typed the url in the address bar instead of clicking on it
        somewhere...

        > > 3- in the country section what does "Network" mean?
        >
        > .net
        >
        > --
        > _\/
        > (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
        > __ooO_( )_Ooo_____________________ telnet://bbs.wpusa.dynip.com
        > _|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____ http://www.wpusa.dynip.com
        > ____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____|_____ ftp://ftp.wpusa.dynip.com
        > _|_Eat_SPAM_to_email_me!_YUM!__|_____|_____ wkitty42 -at- alltel.net

      • waldo kitty
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 13, 2007
          brad_2255 wrote:
          > Hi waldo kitty,
          >
          > thank you for repyling.
          > points 2 and 3 are clear
          >
          > Concerning point 1, what i miss is the detailed datas ( Referrers,
          > country etc) that i find clicking in the month but i can't see in the
          > overview of the last 12 months. Is there the possibility to see all
          > the detalied datas for the 12 months at once?

          no... there's not...

          if you need something like that, you might be able to use webalizer's csv capabilities and import that information into
          a database or spreadsheet and work it there...

          --
          _\/
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 12, 2007
            waldo kitty wrote:
            > if you need something like that, you might be able to use
            > webalizer's csv capabilities and import that information into
            > a database or spreadsheet and work it there...

            FWIW: webalizer's CSV capabilities come from config verbs in its configuration
            file...

            # The Dump* keywords allow the dumping of Sites, URL's, Referrers
            # User Agents, Usernames and Search strings to seperate tab delimited
            # text files, suitable for import into most database or spreadsheet
            # programs.

            # DumpPath specifies the path to dump the files. If not specified,
            # it will default to the current output directory. Do not use a
            # trailing slash ('/').

            #DumpPath /var/lib/httpd/logs

            # The DumpHeader keyword specifies if a header record should be
            # written to the file. A header record is the first record of the
            # file, and contains the labels for each field written. Normally,
            # files that are intended to be imported into a database system
            # will not need a header record, while spreadsheets usually do.
            # Value can be either 'yes' or 'no', with 'no' being the default.

            #DumpHeader no

            # DumpExtension allow you to specify the dump filename extension
            # to use. The default is "tab", but some programs are pickey about
            # the filenames they use, so you may change it here (for example,
            # some people may prefer to use "csv").

            #DumpExtension tab

            # These control the dumping of each individual table. The value
            # can be either 'yes' or 'no'.. the default is 'no'.

            #DumpSites no
            #DumpURLs no
            #DumpReferrers no
            #DumpAgents no
            #DumpUsers no
            #DumpSearchStr no

            # End of configuration file... Have a nice day!

            --
            _\/
            (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA