Re: [webalizer] Several SearchEngine variables

  • waldo kitty
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
      Joosep-Georg Järvemaa wrote:
      > --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@...> wrote:
      >> For the search engines, you should ask Mr. Barret to write a better
      >> search engines processing, one that would allow to process several
      >> variables for each engine, like altavista using q=, aqa=, aqp=, aqo=,
      >> aqb=, filetype= and r=.
      >
      > There hasn't been much progress on this one lately?
      >
      > I took a quick look at the code and it seems it's not very hard to fix
      > it but I'd better leave it someone who's more familiar with the code.

      there are other alternatives... awstats comes to mind... i use both, webalizer and awstats, as well as one or two
      others... each has their strengths and weaknesses and some show some info that others simply can't/won't... just like a
      virus scanner, i don't trust the results of only one... give me at least three so that i can take the results of at
      least two that agree...

      --
      _\/
      (@@) Waldo Kitty, Waldo's Place USA
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2006
        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, waldo kitty <wkitty42@...> wrote:

        > there are other alternatives... awstats comes to mind... i use both,
        webalizer and awstats, as well as one or two
        > others... each has their strengths and weaknesses and some show some
        info that others simply can't/won't... just like a
        > virus scanner, i don't trust the results of only one... give me at
        least three so that i can take the results of at
        > least two that agree...

        Sometimes there's no possibility to use alternatives. My (and I think
        most Linux/Apache) hosting providers use Webalizer and the only
        possibility to have that SearchEngine-related (mis)behaviour fixed is
        to get Brad to patch Webalizer and then wait until it makes it to that
        distribution's repositories the hosting provider uses.

        Regards,
        --
        Joosep-Georg