Re: [webalizer] Webalizer stopped webalizing!

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 23, 2006
      Oooops, I have just opened my dns_cache.db file on emacs, and it's empty (well, it's full of strange characters, probably markings for a hash table, but there are no DNS entries on it). I have just remembered that I turned webalizer's DNS turned OFF because Apache already does the DNS queries before writing to the access_log file. That's why my dns_cache.db file is 12K big.

      This means that the size of my dns_cache.db file is not representative of yours.

      Also, since Apache has already found all existant domain names, running webalizer with DNS activated won't change my dns_cache.db file on a significant manner, since all IPS bearing a domain name were already found and replaced by Apache.

      That means that I can't even generate a dn_cache file similar to yours to check its size. I'm sorry :(