Adding old site usage stats to Webalizer?

  • Nick Sayers
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2006
      Hi

      I've recently moved a client's site to a new web host. The old site wasn't
      using Webalizer for usage stats, but I still have the old .log file which
      seems to be in the same format.

      Is there a way to get Webaliser to process the old .log and add the results
      to the stats pages on the new host?

      The trouble is, I only have FTP access to the site files, and no access to
      the Webalizer .conf file. So, I could trick it into using the old .log file
      but this would screw up the log file being updated in the meantime.

      I was going to try just dumping the old lines of log into the current one,
      but worried this was a bit crude (eg: I might lose a few lines in-between
      downloading, editing and re-uploading).

      Any suggestions?

      Please CC me any responses.

      I tried reading the Webalizer FAQ, btw, but got a bit lost! :-S

      Thanks

      Nick

      NICK SAYERS Graphic Designer http://www.nicksayers.com/