Specify permissions on output files?

  • bedlam00x
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
      Hi folks,
      Looked at this one a couple of times but never found an answer.

      Webalizer automatically creates its files with permissions set to:

      -rw-r-----

      In order to get them visible through my webserver I have to change
      them to:

      -rw-r--r--

      I have to do this for all the domains each month when a new monthly
      file is created and I keep getting whinged at because I forget to do it :)

      Is there any way to tell webalizer to create them properly otherwise
      I'll have to set up chmod in a cron job which seems like a cludge of a
      way to do it..

      Ta.
    • frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2006
        bedlam00x schrieb:

        >Hi folks,
        >Looked at this one a couple of times but never found an answer.
        >
        >Webalizer automatically creates its files with permissions set to:
        >
        >-rw-r-----
        >
        >In order to get them visible through my webserver I have to change
        >them to:
        >
        >-rw-r--r--
        >
        >I have to do this for all the domains each month when a new monthly
        >file is created and I keep getting whinged at because I forget to do it :)
        >
        >Is there any way to tell webalizer to create them properly otherwise
        >I'll have to set up chmod in a cron job which seems like a cludge of a
        >way to do it..

        man 1 umask

        You probably have a umask of 0027
        You need umask 0022
        Depending on your distribution this is normally set somewhere in /etc

        Frank