Re: [webalizer] Own domains keeps showing up

  • Manuel Diaz de Webbasica
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 7 11:33 AM
      >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
      >> HideURL *.swf
      > No.

      Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 7 12:42 PM
        --- Manuel Diaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:

        > >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
        > >> HideURL *.swf
        > > No.
        >
        > Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

        It depends on what you want to see on the stats. On my stats, I don't
        want to see images and style sheets, so I hide *.jpg, *.gif, *.css,
        etc.

        In your case, you said that the flash files are ads. You have to hide
        them only if you don't want to see all the ads on the URL list.

        (I assume that you have lots of diferent flash files, and that they
        appear all over the URL list, and that they don't allow you to see well
        the rest of URLs. Either that, or you just aren't interesed on the
        stats for flash files for some reason)

        There is an alternative, thought. You can group all flash files
        together and then hide them. Then, you only get one line on the URL
        totals, with the total hits for all the flash files. This is good
        because you get to see the flash totals, and you can still see normally
        the rest of URLs.

        GroupUrl *.swf Flash ads (.swf)
        HideURL *.swf

        There is another option. You can create two different webalizer.conf
        files. One, like above, without the flash files, and another with ONLY
        the flash files:

        IgnoreURL *
        IncludeURL *swf

        This way, you have a separate stats where you can only see the flash
        files, and you can concentrate on how many ads are displayed. This is
        only if you are interested on analyzing in depth your flash files.

        You'll need to run webalizer twice (once for every webalizer.conf),
        and, of course, you have to set different output directories for each
        one. I made that mistake once :)

        Notice that you can't do both things on the same file. You have to do
        one or the other.

        Sorry for the long post. Bye.

        [strip]

        http://mail.yahoo.com