Re: [webalizer] Own domains keeps showing up

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6 10:26 PM
      --- Manuel Díaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:

      > Thanks, I will try that.
      >
      > Also, Does anybody else uses this?
      > HideURL *.swf

      No.

      > PageType php*
      >
      > I have a lot of flash advertising and php scripts. I'm not sure
      > webalizer
      > recognizes php? urls

      "php?" is not an extension. The URL finishes on the interrogation sign.
      All before the interrogation is the URL, and all after it is the search
      string. (*) If someone visits a "php?" URL, webalizer sees it as a
      "php" page. This is a standard and it is probably specified on some
      RFC.

      (*) Notice that if you have a # sign, the sign itself and all after it
      are NOT part of the search string, and they are stripped by webalizer.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Manuel Díaz de Webbasica

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 7 11:33 AM
          >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
          >> HideURL *.swf
          > No.

          Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7 12:42 PM
            --- Manuel Diaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:

            > >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
            > >> HideURL *.swf
            > > No.
            >
            > Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

            It depends on what you want to see on the stats. On my stats, I don't
            want to see images and style sheets, so I hide *.jpg, *.gif, *.css,
            etc.

            In your case, you said that the flash files are ads. You have to hide
            them only if you don't want to see all the ads on the URL list.

            (I assume that you have lots of diferent flash files, and that they
            appear all over the URL list, and that they don't allow you to see well
            the rest of URLs. Either that, or you just aren't interesed on the
            stats for flash files for some reason)

            There is an alternative, thought. You can group all flash files
            together and then hide them. Then, you only get one line on the URL
            totals, with the total hits for all the flash files. This is good
            because you get to see the flash totals, and you can still see normally
            the rest of URLs.

            GroupUrl *.swf Flash ads (.swf)
            HideURL *.swf

            There is another option. You can create two different webalizer.conf
            files. One, like above, without the flash files, and another with ONLY
            the flash files:

            IgnoreURL *
            IncludeURL *swf

            This way, you have a separate stats where you can only see the flash
            files, and you can concentrate on how many ads are displayed. This is
            only if you are interested on analyzing in depth your flash files.

            You'll need to run webalizer twice (once for every webalizer.conf),
            and, of course, you have to set different output directories for each
            one. I made that mistake once :)

            Notice that you can't do both things on the same file. You have to do
            one or the other.

            Sorry for the long post. Bye.

            [strip]

            http://mail.yahoo.com