Re: [webalizer] Own domains keeps showing up

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
      I don't know about the other things, but you should remove the trailing
      slash from these lines, like this

      HideReferrer bacanalnica.com
      HideReferrer 127.0.0.1
      HideReferrer localhost

      Also, you should ignore the referrers from your own machine, instead of
      just hiding, because the hits and visits will still appear on your
      totals.

      IgnoreSite localhost
      IgnoreSite 127.0.0.1

      It COULD be posible that you are using the Include* keywords. Those
      keywords have priority over the Hide*/Ignore* keywords, so, if you are
      including those domains for some reason, they will always appear.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
        --- Manuel Díaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:

        > Thanks, I will try that.
        >
        > Also, Does anybody else uses this?
        > HideURL *.swf

        No.

        > PageType php*
        >
        > I have a lot of flash advertising and php scripts. I'm not sure
        > webalizer
        > recognizes php? urls

        "php?" is not an extension. The URL finishes on the interrogation sign.
        All before the interrogation is the URL, and all after it is the search
        string. (*) If someone visits a "php?" URL, webalizer sees it as a
        "php" page. This is a standard and it is probably specified on some
        RFC.

        (*) Notice that if you have a # sign, the sign itself and all after it
        are NOT part of the search string, and they are stripped by webalizer.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Manuel Díaz de Webbasica

          >I don't know about the other things, but you should remove the trailing
          > slash from these lines, like this
          >
          > HideReferrer bacanalnica.com
          > HideReferrer 127.0.0.1
          > HideReferrer localhost
          >
          > Also, you should ignore the referrers from your own machine, instead of
          > just hiding, because the hits and visits will still appear on your
          > totals.
          >
          > IgnoreSite localhost
          > IgnoreSite 127.0.0.1
          >

          > It COULD be posible that you are using the Include* keywords. Those
          > keywords have priority over the Hide*/Ignore* keywords, so, if you are
          > including those domains for some reason, they will always appear.
          >

          > --- Manuel Diaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Everybody,
          >> My problem is with my domains showing up as referrer, even though I
          >> have
          >> these lines in the conf file:
          >>
          >> HideSite *|DOMAIN|
          >> HideSite *bacanalnica.com
          >> HideSite localhost
          >> HideReferrer bacanalnica.com/
          >> HideReferrer 127.0.0.1/
          >> HideReferrer localhost/
          >> HideReferrer file://
          >>
          >> (My domain is bacanalnica.com)

        • Manuel Diaz de Webbasica
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
            >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
            >> HideURL *.swf
            > No.

            Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
              --- Manuel Diaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:

              > >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
              > >> HideURL *.swf
              > > No.
              >
              > Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

              It depends on what you want to see on the stats. On my stats, I don't
              want to see images and style sheets, so I hide *.jpg, *.gif, *.css,
              etc.

              In your case, you said that the flash files are ads. You have to hide
              them only if you don't want to see all the ads on the URL list.

              (I assume that you have lots of diferent flash files, and that they
              appear all over the URL list, and that they don't allow you to see well
              the rest of URLs. Either that, or you just aren't interesed on the
              stats for flash files for some reason)

              There is an alternative, thought. You can group all flash files
              together and then hide them. Then, you only get one line on the URL
              totals, with the total hits for all the flash files. This is good
              because you get to see the flash totals, and you can still see normally
              the rest of URLs.

              GroupUrl *.swf Flash ads (.swf)
              HideURL *.swf

              There is another option. You can create two different webalizer.conf
              files. One, like above, without the flash files, and another with ONLY
              the flash files:

              IgnoreURL *
              IncludeURL *swf

              This way, you have a separate stats where you can only see the flash
              files, and you can concentrate on how many ads are displayed. This is
              only if you are interested on analyzing in depth your flash files.

              You'll need to run webalizer twice (once for every webalizer.conf),
              and, of course, you have to set different output directories for each
              one. I made that mistake once :)

              Notice that you can't do both things on the same file. You have to do
              one or the other.

              Sorry for the long post. Bye.

              [strip]

              http://mail.yahoo.com