Own domains keeps showing up

  • Manuel Diaz de Webbasica
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
      Hi Everybody,
      My problem is with my domains showing up as referrer, even though I have
      these lines in the conf file:

      HideSite *|DOMAIN|
      HideSite *bacanalnica.com
      HideSite localhost
      HideReferrer bacanalnica.com/
      HideReferrer 127.0.0.1/
      HideReferrer localhost/
      HideReferrer file://

      (My domain is bacanalnica.com)

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
        I don't know about the other things, but you should remove the trailing
        slash from these lines, like this

        HideReferrer bacanalnica.com
        HideReferrer 127.0.0.1
        HideReferrer localhost

        Also, you should ignore the referrers from your own machine, instead of
        just hiding, because the hits and visits will still appear on your
        totals.

        IgnoreSite localhost
        IgnoreSite 127.0.0.1

        It COULD be posible that you are using the Include* keywords. Those
        keywords have priority over the Hide*/Ignore* keywords, so, if you are
        including those domains for some reason, they will always appear.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 6, 2006
          --- Manuel Díaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:

          > Thanks, I will try that.
          >
          > Also, Does anybody else uses this?
          > HideURL *.swf

          No.

          > PageType php*
          >
          > I have a lot of flash advertising and php scripts. I'm not sure
          > webalizer
          > recognizes php? urls

          "php?" is not an extension. The URL finishes on the interrogation sign.
          All before the interrogation is the URL, and all after it is the search
          string. (*) If someone visits a "php?" URL, webalizer sees it as a
          "php" page. This is a standard and it is probably specified on some
          RFC.

          (*) Notice that if you have a # sign, the sign itself and all after it
          are NOT part of the search string, and they are stripped by webalizer.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Manuel Díaz de Webbasica

            >I don't know about the other things, but you should remove the trailing
            > slash from these lines, like this
            >
            > HideReferrer bacanalnica.com
            > HideReferrer 127.0.0.1
            > HideReferrer localhost
            >
            > Also, you should ignore the referrers from your own machine, instead of
            > just hiding, because the hits and visits will still appear on your
            > totals.
            >
            > IgnoreSite localhost
            > IgnoreSite 127.0.0.1
            >

            > It COULD be posible that you are using the Include* keywords. Those
            > keywords have priority over the Hide*/Ignore* keywords, so, if you are
            > including those domains for some reason, they will always appear.
            >

            > --- Manuel Diaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Hi Everybody,
            >> My problem is with my domains showing up as referrer, even though I
            >> have
            >> these lines in the conf file:
            >>
            >> HideSite *|DOMAIN|
            >> HideSite *bacanalnica.com
            >> HideSite localhost
            >> HideReferrer bacanalnica.com/
            >> HideReferrer 127.0.0.1/
            >> HideReferrer localhost/
            >> HideReferrer file://
            >>
            >> (My domain is bacanalnica.com)

          • Manuel Diaz de Webbasica
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
              >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
              >> HideURL *.swf
              > No.

              Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 7, 2006
                --- Manuel Diaz de Webbasica <manuel@...> wrote:

                > >> Also, Does anybody else uses this?
                > >> HideURL *.swf
                > > No.
                >
                > Is it wrong to hide the flash extension?

                It depends on what you want to see on the stats. On my stats, I don't
                want to see images and style sheets, so I hide *.jpg, *.gif, *.css,
                etc.

                In your case, you said that the flash files are ads. You have to hide
                them only if you don't want to see all the ads on the URL list.

                (I assume that you have lots of diferent flash files, and that they
                appear all over the URL list, and that they don't allow you to see well
                the rest of URLs. Either that, or you just aren't interesed on the
                stats for flash files for some reason)

                There is an alternative, thought. You can group all flash files
                together and then hide them. Then, you only get one line on the URL
                totals, with the total hits for all the flash files. This is good
                because you get to see the flash totals, and you can still see normally
                the rest of URLs.

                GroupUrl *.swf Flash ads (.swf)
                HideURL *.swf

                There is another option. You can create two different webalizer.conf
                files. One, like above, without the flash files, and another with ONLY
                the flash files:

                IgnoreURL *
                IncludeURL *swf

                This way, you have a separate stats where you can only see the flash
                files, and you can concentrate on how many ads are displayed. This is
                only if you are interested on analyzing in depth your flash files.

                You'll need to run webalizer twice (once for every webalizer.conf),
                and, of course, you have to set different output directories for each
                one. I made that mistake once :)

                Notice that you can't do both things on the same file. You have to do
                one or the other.

                Sorry for the long post. Bye.

                [strip]

                http://mail.yahoo.com