Re: [webalizer] Webalizer won't work after server migration

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
      > Running the cron job
      >
      > "cd /home/users/web/b18/domainname/htdocs/stat/; /usr/bin/perl
      > ./webalizer"
      >
      > results in
      >
      > "Unrecognized character \x7F at ./webalizer line 1."

      The Webalizer is not a perl script.

    • Vahagn Avedian
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2006
        Well, I know that part. But as I wrote before, running
        the line as it should be, i.e.

        "cd /home/users/web/b18/domainname/htdocs/stat/;
        ./webalizer"

        results in "permission denied".

        Is there a way to work around this? Can I call it from
        a PERL script?

        BR,

        /Vahagn

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2006
          > Well, I know that part. But as I wrote before, running
          > the line as it should be, i.e.
          >
          > "cd /home/users/web/b18/domainname/htdocs/stat/;
          > ./webalizer"
          >
          > results in "permission denied".

          Which is what you should fix.. either it's not marked as an executable or
          you don't have permissions to run it.

          > Is there a way to work around this?

          Fix the cause of the 'permission denied' error.

          > Can I call it from a PERL script?

          Yes.. either from the command line, such as "perl -e 'exec webalizer'"

          or with an 'exec' command within a perl script.

          Doubt it will do much good though.. if you are getting a permission denied
          error from the command line, you will get the same error trying to execute
          it from perl.