webalizer & access_log problem...please help

  • robotslover
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2006
      Dear All,

      I have a webserver and webalizer running. I have a new website and
      deleted the access_log cause i need to start a new logging. I rerun
      webalizer and got results including the old log which i deleted. where
      does it get it from?

      thanks in advance
    • Gavin Westwood
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 21, 2006
        robotslover wrote:
        > Dear All,
        >
        > I have a webserver and webalizer running. I have a new website and
        > deleted the access_log cause i need to start a new logging. I rerun
        > webalizer and got results including the old log which i deleted. where
        > does it get it from?

        In each directory where you have the webalizer stats there is a file
        containing the word "HIST" which contains previous runs data. To be
        sure of only getting fresh data, move all the files in the folder (lots
        of html files) with this to another folder or delete them.

        Gavin
      • robotslover
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
          thanks for your reply. I have it installed on linux. i removed the
          whole package and everything was removed and then i reinstalled it
          and still im getting the old results.

          thanks

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 22, 2006
            > thanks for your reply. I have it installed on linux. i removed the
            > whole package and everything was removed and then i reinstalled it
            > and still im getting the old results.

            Normal package removal generally does not touch the output directory,
            which is where the history file is typically located. Delete all the
            files in your output directory if you want to start fresh.