No of visits - Webalizer vs Google Analytics

  • djs230548
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2006
      Webalizer shows about 3 times as many visits per day to my site as
      Google Analytics (both are set to their default 30 minute settings).
      Can anyone explain?
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15, 2006
        Any stats based on inserting javascript or other elements are not as
        accurate as log based analysis, which might account for a lot of it.
        Also ensure that your PageType setting is set properly for your site.
        You should also realize that 'visits' is a metric that cannot be 100%
        accurately calculated, even by log analysis (see the documentation for
        a description, or the 'simpletons guide to web analysis').