Forbidden

  • tloomis323
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
      I keep getting a Forbidden error when i try to load n web browser.
      When I check the output dir everything is showning up correctly and I
      have the right permissions on the folders/files am I missing something
      else?
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
        This is not a webalizer error. You should ask this in the support
        forums for your web server software.

        --- tloomis323 <tloomis323@...> wrote:

        > I keep getting a Forbidden error when i try to load n web browser.
        > When I check the output dir everything is showning up correctly and I
        >
        > have the right permissions on the folders/files am I missing
        > something
        > else?

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • tloomis323
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
          I have added this to the httpd.conf and still no luck:

          <Directory "/var/www/html/dish/usage/">
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
          </Directory>

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 16, 2006
            > I keep getting a Forbidden error when i try to load n web browser.

            As Enric has already stated, that's a problem with your web server, not
            the webalizer. If you get a forbidden error, then either the web server
            does not have permissions to get to and display the stats directory, the
            web server is configured to prevent access to that directory, or you have
            some type of access restriction in place to prevent display. Keep in mind
            that the web server generally runs as a different user than what you log
            in as, and must have permissions to enter and read the files/directories
            along the whole path (directory tree) to the directory, not just the
            directory itself.

            > When I check the output dir everything is showning up correctly and I
            > have the right permissions on the folders/files am I missing something
            > else?

            Yup, as otherwise you wouldn't be having the problem :)