Re: [webalizer] Hits, Files, Pages and Visits

  • Dave Patton
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2006
      John Brahy wrote:
      > ok, I have answered similar questions to this since web sites became cool, but I've always considered files and hits to be the same thing. I know pages are defined in the config file by extention which I have .html as pages and a visit consists of a series of hits while a user is surfing the site.
      >
      > So what is the difference between a file and a hit? Is that defined somewhere?

      FAQ #5:
      http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/faq.html

      --
      Dave Patton

      Co-Lead Developer, Punt
      http://punt.sourceforge.net/

      http://www.confluence.org/

      Personal website - Maps, GPS, etc.
      http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/
    • John Brahy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 9, 2006
        that was the first place I looked... damn I completely missed it. Sorry and thank you

        Dave Patton <dpatton@...> wrote:
        John Brahy wrote:
        > ok, I have answered similar questions to this since web sites became cool, but I've always considered files and hits to be the same thing. I know pages are defined in the config file by extention which I have .html as pages and a visit consists of a series of hits while a user is surfing the site.
        >
        >   So what is the difference between a file and a hit? Is that defined somewhere?

        FAQ #5:
        http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/faq.html

        --
        Dave Patton

        Co-Lead Developer, Punt
        http://punt.sourceforge.net/

        http://www.confluence.org/

        Personal website - Maps, GPS, etc.
        http://members.shaw.ca/davepatton/

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        Yahoo! Mail

      • John Brahy
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15, 2006
          Is it possible to get the average visit duration?

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 15, 2006
            > Is it possible to get the average visit duration?

            Nope, that metric is impossible to determine for many different reasons.

            (Even though some would have you believe otherwise)