Re: Re: [webalizer] 9090071 records (9090019 ignored) in 33.68 seconds, 269895/sec

  • icelandbjrok
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2006
      John Brahy,您好!

        yes,your guess is true.
             #head webalizer.current
             you will see like this "# Webalizer V2.01-10 Incremental Data - 03/08/2006 23:55:04"
             if the time of log record before that time point , the record will be skiped
      ======== 2006-03-09 09:17:40 您在来信中写道: ========

      after reading my own message I figured it out:

      # grep -v "/May/" access_log >access_log.new
      # mv access_log access_log.og
      # mv access_log.new access_log
      # webalizer

      so then it works, I guess if it reads a date that is out of sequence it automatically skips the rest of the entries.

      John Brahy <jbrahy@...> wrote:
      9090071 records (9090019 ignored) in 33.68 seconds, 269895/sec

      I'm using a log file from Apache 1.3.29 on OpenBSD

      Webalizer V2.01-10 (OpenBSD 3.8) English is my version of webalizer

      I'm getting reports for wrong months I see this in the output:
      Generating report for January 2006
      Generating report for May 2006
      the log file is 1.5GB so I don't want to have to go through it line by line, is there a way to quickly find the problem in the log files or program that will do a consistancy check on the log file?

      Thanks,

      John

      Yahoo! Mail

      = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

              致
      礼!

                    icelandbjrok
                    icelandbjork@...
                     2006-03-09

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 9, 2006
        I'm afraid that John will have to grep all months one by one and
        concatenate them together. Hopefully, it will then work.

        If he discovers than one month is failing because there are unsorted,
        he can try his luck by cutting the month in several pieces and put them
        together again using mergelog (there are versions for windows, look in
        google).

        If this still doesn't work, he can probably search in google and find a
        log sorter. Well, he could even skip the other steps and search for it
        directly :-). Either a bash script, which will probably work by passing
        some uninteligible parameter to the "sort" command, or some C or perl
        program.

        http://mail.yahoo.com