RE: [webalizer] Digest Number 1006

  • Richard Snow
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006
      Hi there,

      Myself, I'd check the configuration file (and to be sure the upgrade
      didn't
      somehow add a second configuration file). Make sure its set for
      incremental
      processing. Delete the existing hist file and output data entirely
      (assuming
      you have all the original logs for the last year). And just re-analyse
      the
      logs for the whole year.

      Perhaps there is a difference in the command string used to invoke
      webalizer.
      You might have given it a specific location for the hist file in your
      old
      cron command line. Or the hist file is there but webalizer doesn't have
      the right
      permissions on the original file. I could imagine that producing results
      like this.

      Good luck,

      RS

      ____________________________

      Richard Snow / Director of Information Technology
      Mount Auburn Cemetery / 580 Mount Auburn Street / Cambridge, MA
      02138-5517

      From: "Gunnar R." <gr@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 10:31:02 +0100
      From: "Gunnar R." <gr@...>
      Subject: Webalizer overwrites current-files (earlier months missing
      from index.html)

      Hi,

      As the subject says my webalizer has problems generating the index page
      correctly++. We had a server reinstall and upgrade from RedHat 7.2 to
      correctly++Fedora
      Core 4. The webalizer version is the same now as we used before
      (V2.01-10), and all the logs and configuration files are the same as
      well (upgraded from Apache 1.3 to 2.0 though). It reads all the log
      files just fine, and generates the expected reports, but for some reason
      it doesn't include or write to the webalizer.hist files. It also seems
      it overwrites the incremental (current) files. We reinstalled late
      december, and now it includes only a day or two for december in the
      index-file, but when you click december you actually get the full stats.
      The same goes for january, even though it's been generating stats all
      month. As far as I can see it's not a permission problem, cause it
      deleted and overwrote the current-files from before the installation.
      This goes for all the domains on the server.

      I don't want to delete the log files and the inc-files from the
      reinstall until I've figured this out, but I'm running out of space for
      log-files.

      Any ideas?

      Cheers,

      Gunnar R.