Re: [webalizer] Heard & McDonald Islands

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2006
      > A couple of questions, here. Has anyone else ever gotten hits from
      > this place? Why would Webalizer be configured to report hits from
      > this place if there's no technological infrastructure.....nor, for
      > that matter, any inhabitants?

      The webalizer just reports top level domains found in your log file.
      There is no reason to think that just because someone is using an .hm TLD
      that they are actually there. And there _is_ a technological
      infrastructure.. the .HM domain is registered and vaid, and they can give
      DNS entries to that domain to anyone they like regardless of location.
      Just like we used to host .jp and .il domains in Miami.. doesn't mean
      those domains were in Japan or Isreal.