Re: [webalizer] Displaying error pages from error logs

  • Mark Holmes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
      Thanks for your reply. I'm surprised that webalizer doesn't allow you to do this easily. I think this sort of information is fairly standard for web stats programs. Can you recommend any other programs that  would  run on a linux server?

      Enric Naval <enventa2000@...> wrote:
      In my humble opinition, I believe that doing this would require
      extensive changes to the webalizer code. If you really, really need
      webalizer to do this, you could attempt to hire a programmer to code
      this special feature.

      You can try making a bid in:

      http://www.rentacoder.com/

      I see that most projects there go between 100 and 300 dollars. You can
      make a work offer for making these custom changes to webalizer, or you
      could ask for someone on this list.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
        Normally, they only give a report of how many errors were generated in
        total. I think that may AWStats has what you want. Look at their
        comparison:

        http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
        http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_compare.html

        Report 404 Errors ----- Number + List last date/referer

        I don't know if it lists also other types of errors. You can ask them
        to implement that feature.

        You can also try analog, but I think that it has similar features to
        webalizer:

        http://www.analog.cx/

        http://mail.yahoo.com