Re: [webalizer] Displaying error pages from error logs

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
      In my humble opinition, I believe that doing this would require
      extensive changes to the webalizer code. If you really, really need
      webalizer to do this, you could attempt to hire a programmer to code
      this special feature.

      You can try making a bid in:

      http://www.rentacoder.com/

      I see that most projects there go between 100 and 300 dollars. You can
      make a work offer for making these custom changes to webalizer, or you
      could ask for someone on this list.

      --- marcholmes <marcholmes@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Can anyone tell me how I can get webalizer to display error pages so
      > that I can find out which pages are generating errors, pages not
      > found
      > etc. Also, I would like to know which page and link referred the
      > visitor to the error page. Is this possible?
      >
      > Many thanks
      > Marc

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Mark Holmes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
        Thanks for your reply. I'm surprised that webalizer doesn't allow you to do this easily. I think this sort of information is fairly standard for web stats programs. Can you recommend any other programs that  would  run on a linux server?

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
          Normally, they only give a report of how many errors were generated in
          total. I think that may AWStats has what you want. Look at their
          comparison:

          http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
          http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_compare.html

          Report 404 Errors ----- Number + List last date/referer

          I don't know if it lists also other types of errors. You can ask them
          to implement that feature.

          You can also try analog, but I think that it has similar features to
          webalizer:

          http://www.analog.cx/

          http://mail.yahoo.com