Displaying error pages from error logs

  • marcholmes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
      Hi,

      Can anyone tell me how I can get webalizer to display error pages so
      that I can find out which pages are generating errors, pages not found
      etc. Also, I would like to know which page and link referred the
      visitor to the error page. Is this possible?

      Many thanks
      Marc
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
        In my humble opinition, I believe that doing this would require
        extensive changes to the webalizer code. If you really, really need
        webalizer to do this, you could attempt to hire a programmer to code
        this special feature.

        You can try making a bid in:

        http://www.rentacoder.com/

        I see that most projects there go between 100 and 300 dollars. You can
        make a work offer for making these custom changes to webalizer, or you
        could ask for someone on this list.

        --- marcholmes <marcholmes@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Can anyone tell me how I can get webalizer to display error pages so
        > that I can find out which pages are generating errors, pages not
        > found
        > etc. Also, I would like to know which page and link referred the
        > visitor to the error page. Is this possible?
        >
        > Many thanks
        > Marc

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mark Holmes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 23, 2006
          Thanks for your reply. I'm surprised that webalizer doesn't allow you to do this easily. I think this sort of information is fairly standard for web stats programs. Can you recommend any other programs that  would  run on a linux server?

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 24, 2006
            Normally, they only give a report of how many errors were generated in
            total. I think that may AWStats has what you want. Look at their
            comparison:

            http://awstats.sourceforge.net/
            http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_compare.html

            Report 404 Errors ----- Number + List last date/referer

            I don't know if it lists also other types of errors. You can ask them
            to implement that feature.

            You can also try analog, but I think that it has similar features to
            webalizer:

            http://www.analog.cx/

            http://mail.yahoo.com