Webalizer not handling '%26' in search terms

  • Robin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
      Hi, I get search requests such as:
      http://www.google.com.au/search?q=d%26d+modules&hl=en&lr=&start=60&sa=N
      however, in listing the search terms, webalizer cuts it off, so this
      appears as a search for simply 'd'. I'm not too concerned, but this is
      probably a bug, so it would be good to see it fixed eventually (perhaps
      before the next Debian stable comes out, which is when I'll next be
      updating, so there's about a 12 month window :)

      --
      Robin <robin@...> JabberID: <eythian@...>

      Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

      PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8 7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
        %26 unescapes to an ampersand ('&'), which is a cgi field separator.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2006
          On Saturday 07 January 2006 08:15, Bradford L. Barrett wrote:
          > %26 unescapes to an ampersand ('&'), which is a cgi field separator.
          I know that '&' is a field separator, but I don't think that %26 is
          supposed to be treated as such. Otherwise there would be no way to
          represent the '&' symbol in a field. The problem I guess is that
          webalizer decodes '%xx' escapes, and then breaks it up into fields, which
          seems like the wrong thing to do in this case (note that I haven't looked
          at the source, so I could be wrong about what's going on)