Re: [webalizer] Problems getting webalizer to work

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
      --- "Bradford L. Barrett" <brad@...> wrote:

      > > gcc -L/usr/local/lib -o webalizer webalizer.o hashtab.o linklist.o
      > > preserve.o parser.o output.o dns_resolv.o graphs.o -lgd -lpng -lz
      > -lm
      > > graphs.o(.text+0x5b2): In function `year_graph6x':
      > > : undefined reference to `gdImagePng'
      > > graphs.o(.text+0x126d): In function `month_graph6':
      > > : undefined reference to `gdImagePng'
      > > graphs.o(.text+0x1c2b): In function `day_graph3':
      > > : undefined reference to `gdImagePng'
      > > graphs.o(.text+0x23a6): In function `pie_chart':
      > > : undefined reference to `gdImagePng'
      > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      > > make: *** [webalizer] Error 1
      >
      > The above seems to indicate that you are using a version of the GD
      > graphics library that doesn't have PNG image support (old version
      > of GD maybe?).
      >
      > > The compiled version says "error while loading shared libraries:
      > > libpng.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
      > directory"
      >
      > This seems to indicate that you don't have PNG support at all on your
      > system, which is why GD doesn't seem to be using it.
      >
      > Get a current version of GD, or compile it yourself and make sure you
      > have PNG support enabled.

      It may be also that he hasn't got the correct version of libpng. He
      could make a symbolic link to the version in his system and see if it
      works. I had to make links both for "libpng.so" and "libpng.so.2" For
      example:

      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 May 2 2004
      /usr/lib/libpng.so -> libpng12.so.0.1.2.2
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 18 May 6 2004
      /usr/lib/libpng.so.2 -> libpng.so.2.1.0.13
      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 138436 Apr 19 2004
      /usr/lib/libpng.so.2.1.0.13

      In your system, you may have a different version. Go to /usr/lib and
      use "ls libpng.so.2*" to find your version of the library. Try
      different versins if necessary.

      You have to execute a command like this (in my case, my system has
      version 2.1.0.13:

      cd /usr/lib/
      ln -s libpng.so.2.1.0.13 libpng.so.2

      > --