Re: [webalizer] Monitoring just a few pages

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2005
      In webalizer.conf:

      IgnoreURL *
      IncludeURL aipo
      IncludeURL text.html
      IncludeURL /documents/exams/*

      This process only all URLs containig the word "aipo", all URLs
      containing the word "text.html" and all URLs starting with
      "/documents/exams/" (I'm not totally sure about this last one). You can
      add more lines to include more pages.

      You need one line for each option.

      This is not directory-based, it only makes matches in the URLs that it
      finds in the logfile.

      This logfile line will get included with the above configuration:

      201.244.205.211 - - [01/Dec/2005:03:42:57 +0100] "GET /ipo/test.html
      HTTP/1.1" 200 48267 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.
      0; Windows NT 5.1)"

      Webalizer will only look at the characters between the method ("GET")
      and the version ("HTTP/1.1"), and it will perform a match on those
      characters. This is important because this means that the real position
      of the pages inside the server filesystem is not important. Webazlizer
      will only look at the logfile lines.

      --- Mardi Rollow <mardirollow@...> wrote:

      > I have been asked to configure Webalizer to monitor activity for
      > three
      > specific pages, one at the site root and the other two in a
      > subdirectory. I will create a new conf file, along with separate log,
      >
      > output, etc. directories. I'm thinking of using IgnoreURL to
      > eliminate
      > the pages and directories that should not be included in the
      > analysis,
      > and have a few questions:
      >
      > 1. Is my approach feasible with Webalizer?
      >
      > 2. Can I follow a keyword such as IgnoreURL with a comma-separated
      > list,
      > or must I have a separate line for each value?
      >
      > 3. To ignore a directory and all files in it, can I use
      > directory_name/*
      > or must I use the full path?
      >
      > Thank you,
      > Mardi

    • Mardi Rollow
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 29, 2005
        Thank you; this is very helpful. I'm assuming that when you say the logfile line will get included, you mean that Webalizer does it automatically.

        Thanks again,
        Mardi