Re: [webalizer] Downloading files from the Webalizer site

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
      Looks like the FTP server is temporaly down. It will probably get
      mended in a few days, when the server admin comes back from holiday :)

      Here you have a temporal copy of the README file.

      http://griho.udl.es/naval/README.txt

      --- Mardi Rollow <mardirollow@...> wrote:

      > I would like to download the README file from
      > www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.
      > When I try, it hangs up the browser. When I ftp from the command
      > prompt
      > and log in as anonymous, I am prompted for the password, either the
      > connection is closed or I get a partial message ("230- Welcome to our
      >
      > archive. If you have any problems, try using a ) and the connection
      > is
      > finally closed by the remote host.
      >
      > How can I get the README file?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Mardi

      Just $16.99/mo. or less.
      dsl.yahoo.com
    • Mardi Rollow
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
        Enric,

        Thank you for the file!

        Mardi

        Enric Naval wrote:
        Looks like the FTP server is temporarily down. It will probably get
        mended in a few days, when the server admin comes back from holiday :)

        Here you have a temporal copy of the README file.

        http://griho.udl.es/naval/README.txt

        --- Mardi Rollow <mardirollow@...> wrote:

        > I would like to download the README file from
        > www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.
        > When I try, it hangs up the browser. When I ftp from the command
        > prompt
        > and log in as anonymous, I am prompted for the password, either the
        > connection is closed or I get a partial message ("230- Welcome to our
        >
        > archive. If you have any problems, try using a ) and the connection
        > is
        > finally closed by the remote host.
        >
        > How can I get the README file?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mardi

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
          > I would like to download the README file from www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.

          Might be a problem since the files are on the ftp server, not the web..

          > When I try, it hangs up the browser.

          Don't use MSIE.. it's very, very broken and unable to follow RFC
          standards.

          > When I ftp from the command prompt
          > and log in as anonymous, I am prompted for the password, either the
          > connection is closed or I get a partial message ("230- Welcome to our
          > archive. If you have any problems, try using a ) and the connection is
          > finally closed by the remote host.

          Sounds like you have a network problem, perhaps sitting behind a proxy
          or firewall that requires you to use passive ftp. You might want to
          try using a '-p' switch (passive mode) with your command line ftp client.
          The ftp server is working just fine and has been for quite a long while.