Downloading files from the Webalizer site

  • Mardi Rollow
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
      I would like to download the README file from www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.
      When I try, it hangs up the browser. When I ftp from the command prompt
      and log in as anonymous, I am prompted for the password, either the
      connection is closed or I get a partial message ("230- Welcome to our
      archive. If you have any problems, try using a ) and the connection is
      finally closed by the remote host.

      How can I get the README file?

      Thanks,
      Mardi
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
        Looks like the FTP server is temporaly down. It will probably get
        mended in a few days, when the server admin comes back from holiday :)

        Here you have a temporal copy of the README file.

        http://griho.udl.es/naval/README.txt

        --- Mardi Rollow <mardirollow@...> wrote:

        > I would like to download the README file from
        > www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.
        > When I try, it hangs up the browser. When I ftp from the command
        > prompt
        > and log in as anonymous, I am prompted for the password, either the
        > connection is closed or I get a partial message ("230- Welcome to our
        >
        > archive. If you have any problems, try using a ) and the connection
        > is
        > finally closed by the remote host.
        >
        > How can I get the README file?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Mardi

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com
      • Mardi Rollow
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
          Enric,

          Thank you for the file!

          Mardi

          Enric Naval wrote:
          Looks like the FTP server is temporarily down. It will probably get
          mended in a few days, when the server admin comes back from holiday :)

          Here you have a temporal copy of the README file.

          http://griho.udl.es/naval/README.txt

          --- Mardi Rollow <mardirollow@...> wrote:

          > I would like to download the README file from
          > www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.
          > When I try, it hangs up the browser. When I ftp from the command
          > prompt
          > and log in as anonymous, I am prompted for the password, either the
          > connection is closed or I get a partial message ("230- Welcome to our
          >
          > archive. If you have any problems, try using a ) and the connection
          > is
          > finally closed by the remote host.
          >
          > How can I get the README file?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Mardi

          Just $16.99/mo. or less.
          dsl.yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 27, 2005
            > I would like to download the README file from www.mrunix.net/webalizer/.

            Might be a problem since the files are on the ftp server, not the web..

            > When I try, it hangs up the browser.

            Don't use MSIE.. it's very, very broken and unable to follow RFC
            standards.

            > When I ftp from the command prompt
            > and log in as anonymous, I am prompted for the password, either the
            > connection is closed or I get a partial message ("230- Welcome to our
            > archive. If you have any problems, try using a ) and the connection is
            > finally closed by the remote host.

            Sounds like you have a network problem, perhaps sitting behind a proxy
            or firewall that requires you to use passive ftp. You might want to
            try using a '-p' switch (passive mode) with your command line ftp client.
            The ftp server is working just fine and has been for quite a long while.