RE: Analyzing logs from a cluster of web servers.

  • Daniel Linder
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2001
      *** PGP Signature Status: good
      *** Signer: Daniel Gary Linder <dan_linder@...>
      *** Signed: 3-20-2001 9:25:11 AM
      *** Verified: 3-20-2001 9:27:29 AM
      *** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

      "Jean-Noel HAYART" <jnhayart@...> wrote:
      > Actualy webalizer can read only a source for make one reports,
      > cause internal process is based on one line, and if you have
      > cluster, you have 2 log file for the same day.

      That's what I thought... Darn.

      >i plan to modify webalizer, for read form 2 or more folder in
      >sequential, line by line based on time stamp of each. but actualy i
      >don't find good way for do this and keep all functionality of
      >original release.
      >actually you can only use software or special script for merge
      >thoses files (line by line sort ON date/time) and after start
      >webalizer.

      "When I Get Some Free Time..." This is what I had planned on doing
      as a second try. I'll keep the list informed if I make some simple
      Perl wrapper script to do this. Sorry, but I don't really do Win32
      programming. :)

      Dan

      *** END PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/