SV: Re: [webalizer] Specified HostName but still get other domains included

  • Vahagn Avedian
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
      Thanks!

      But as client I can't do much about the access_log
      than just use the provied solution by the host
      provider.

      I guess I have to write a CGI to first extract each
      site's log, save it separately in a local file and
      then call webalizer to process each log file on its
      own.

      The log lines indicate which domain name the request
      is about, so I though that webalizer might be able to
      keep these apart.

      BR,

      /Vahagn

      --- Enric Naval <enventa2000@...> skrev:

      ---------------------------------
      You should have a different access_log for each
      virtual domain, or you will keep running into the same
      problem.

      By default, apache doesn't save the virtual domain
      information in access_log, so it is not possible to
      know which accesses belong to which domain.

      I have posted several messages about how to do this:

      --- vahagn_ave <vahagn_ave@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > Our log access file is joint for three different
      > sites, and eventhough
      > I have configured the parameters in webalizer.conf
      > to pick out the
      > proper domain related information, the logs still
      > add information from
      > the additional virtual domains as well.
      >
      > Is there something else I should do in order to
      > exclude all other
      > domains and just get the statistics for each domain
      > separately?
      >
      > BR,
      >
      > /Vahagn

      Enric Naval
      Estudiante de Informática de Gestión en la Udl
      (Lleida)

      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

      Terms of Service.