Re: [webalizer] Specified HostName but still get other domains included

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
      You should have a different access_log for each
      virtual domain, or you will keep running into the same
      problem.

      By default, apache doesn't save the virtual domain
      information in access_log, so it is not possible to
      know which accesses belong to which domain.

      I have posted several messages about how to do this:

      --- vahagn_ave <vahagn_ave@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > Our log access file is joint for three different
      > sites, and eventhough
      > I have configured the parameters in webalizer.conf
      > to pick out the
      > proper domain related information, the logs still
      > add information from
      > the additional virtual domains as well.
      >
      > Is there something else I should do in order to
      > exclude all other
      > domains and just get the statistics for each domain
      > separately?
      >
      > BR,
      >
      > /Vahagn

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
    • Vahagn Avedian
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
        Thanks!

        But as client I can't do much about the access_log
        than just use the provied solution by the host
        provider.

        I guess I have to write a CGI to first extract each
        site's log, save it separately in a local file and
        then call webalizer to process each log file on its
        own.

        The log lines indicate which domain name the request
        is about, so I though that webalizer might be able to
        keep these apart.

        BR,

        /Vahagn

        ---------------------------------

        --- vahagn_ave <vahagn_ave@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Our log access file is joint for three different
        > sites, and eventhough
        > I have configured the parameters in webalizer.conf
        > to pick out the
        > proper domain related information, the logs still
        > add information from
        > the additional virtual domains as well.
        >
        > Is there something else I should do in order to
        > exclude all other
        > domains and just get the statistics for each domain
        > separately?
        >
        > BR,
        >
        > /Vahagn

        Enric Naval
        Estudiante de Informática de Gestión en la Udl
        (Lleida)

        Yahoo! Music Unlimited
        http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

        Terms of Service.