Specified HostName but still get other domains included

  • vahagn_ave
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
      Hi!

      Our log access file is joint for three different sites, and eventhough
      I have configured the parameters in webalizer.conf to pick out the
      proper domain related information, the logs still add information from
      the additional virtual domains as well.

      Is there something else I should do in order to exclude all other
      domains and just get the statistics for each domain separately?

      BR,

      /Vahagn
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
        You should have a different access_log for each
        virtual domain, or you will keep running into the same
        problem.

        By default, apache doesn't save the virtual domain
        information in access_log, so it is not possible to
        know which accesses belong to which domain.

        I have posted several messages about how to do this:

        --- vahagn_ave <vahagn_ave@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Our log access file is joint for three different
        > sites, and eventhough
        > I have configured the parameters in webalizer.conf
        > to pick out the
        > proper domain related information, the logs still
        > add information from
        > the additional virtual domains as well.
        >
        > Is there something else I should do in order to
        > exclude all other
        > domains and just get the statistics for each domain
        > separately?
        >
        > BR,
        >
        > /Vahagn

        __________________________________
        Yahoo! Music Unlimited
        http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
      • Vahagn Avedian
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
          Thanks!

          But as client I can't do much about the access_log
          than just use the provied solution by the host
          provider.

          I guess I have to write a CGI to first extract each
          site's log, save it separately in a local file and
          then call webalizer to process each log file on its
          own.

          The log lines indicate which domain name the request
          is about, so I though that webalizer might be able to
          keep these apart.

          BR,

          /Vahagn

          ---------------------------------

          --- vahagn_ave <vahagn_ave@...> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > Our log access file is joint for three different
          > sites, and eventhough
          > I have configured the parameters in webalizer.conf
          > to pick out the
          > proper domain related information, the logs still
          > add information from
          > the additional virtual domains as well.
          >
          > Is there something else I should do in order to
          > exclude all other
          > domains and just get the statistics for each domain
          > separately?
          >
          > BR,
          >
          > /Vahagn

          Enric Naval
          Estudiante de Informática de Gestión en la Udl
          (Lleida)

          Yahoo! Music Unlimited
          http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/

          Terms of Service.