Question on webazolver/DNS resolution

  • Ben Helps
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2005
      Hey. List newbie here.

      Just a question on getting DNS resolution happening. An old issue I'm
      sure, but not one I could find an answer to in the archives.

      My little site runs on my friend's Linux box. I don't have root
      access, just standard user priveleges. I do have access to the apache
      logs, so I downloaded and compiled webalizer to my home directory on
      his box. However no matter what I try I can't get it to compile with
      DNS.

      I've also downloaded the Berkeley DB source (4.3.29) and compiled it
      (into my home directory - no perms to fully install it). I've
      recompiled webalizer, referencing the compiled DB libraries, yet it
      still complains about (from memory) missing a 1.8.5 compatible version
      of Berkeley DB.

      At present I'm using a shell script and some regexes to preparse my
      copy of the log file, removing certain IP's and replacing other IP
      ranges with DNS names (e.g. googlebot.com) however this seems a very
      slipshod approach.

      Ideas? Solutions?

      --
      Ben Helps (http://www.droplet.com.au/~zensei)