SV: Re: [webalizer] Can't get webalizer to run again...

  • Vahagn Avedian
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2005
      Thanks for the help!

      It needed some further modifications, among others I had to change /bin/bash to /bin/sh and change the .conf file a bit but it works now to use my own webalizer instead of their installed one.

      Cheers,

      /Vahagn

      Enric Naval <enventa2000@...> skrev:
      --- vahagn_ave <vahagn_ave@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > I moved our site to a new provider and now I can get
      > the webalizer to
      > run anymore. I have tried with the forum for the
      > provider, but have
      > been able to get any answers there.
      > (http://forum.powweb.com/showthread.php?t=57306)
      >
      > The provider, www.powweb.com, runs webalizer, which
      > I used initially
      > after the move, but then I discovered that their
      > configuration is
      > quite different and doesn't display as many details
      > as we had before
      > and want to.
      >
      > On the previous server I had put in a cron job
      > calling a shell script
      > "createStat" which simply contained the lines:
      >
      > cd /www/username/htdocs/stats/
      > ./webalizer

      In the very first line, you should write:

      #!/bin/bash

      It's not necessary, but still you should always
      indicate the code interpreter (in this case
      "/bin/bash")....

      > But when using this line now the crontab doesn't
      > seem to execute the
      > lines, but only print those in the report email sent
      > to me.
      >
      > I even tried to follow their instructions given
      > according to their
      > page stated in the thread above
      > (http://kb.powweb.com/questions/284/Using-Webalizer)
      > but again, the
      > crontab runs, but no update is made.

      After creating that webalizer.conf file, did you still
      get the exact same message from cron?

      "Creating output in current directory" should have
      change, because now you would have an OutputDir entry
      in webalizer.conf

      Also, indicate the webalizer.conf location using

      ./webalizer -c  /www/u/username/etc/webalizer.conf

      http://mail.yahoo.com