RE: [webalizer] Can't get webalizer to run

  • Tomas Larsson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2005
      With best regards

      Cant find any strange outputs from cron, just seems to run normaly.
      The only things I can find is in the auth-log, and that no stats is
      generated.

      Tomas Larsson
      Sweden

      Verus Amicus Est Tamquam Alter Idem
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22, 2005
        > Cant find any strange outputs from cron, just seems to run normaly.

        Cron will e-mail the user when whatever is run generates messages. If
        you are not getting them, then either you have messages suppressed in
        your config file (Quiet and ReallyQuiet keywords), on the command line
        that you are using, or via redirection (ie: > /dev/null). Without the
        output messages, there is absolutely no way to know what is happening.
        The only other possibilites would be that you didn't specify a log
        file, so it's waiting for input from STDIN, which doesn't work from cron,
        or the program isn't generating anything because there is nothing to
        report on (blank log or already processed log in incremental mode).

        > The only things I can find is in the auth-log, and that no stats is
        > generated.

        authlog?!?!? well, ok, whatever.. what _exactly_ does it say?

        How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
        know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
        risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG