Re: [webalizer] Can't get webalizer to run

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21 11:51 PM
      > I can only get webalizer to run manually, it refuses to run as a cron
      > job.
      > I suspect it's selinux that is the culprit. Anyone that has any ideas
      > about this.

      It will run from anywhere, cron included.. however there is a HUGE
      difference between running from the command line and from cron, mainly
      your minimalistic $PATH environment. Did you try looking at what the
      output (from cron) looks like? It will tell you whats wrong.

    • Tomas Larsson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 22 12:02 AM
        With best regards

        Cant find any strange outputs from cron, just seems to run normaly.
        The only things I can find is in the auth-log, and that no stats is
        generated.

        Tomas Larsson
        Sweden

        Verus Amicus Est Tamquam Alter Idem
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22 7:22 AM
          > Cant find any strange outputs from cron, just seems to run normaly.

          Cron will e-mail the user when whatever is run generates messages. If
          you are not getting them, then either you have messages suppressed in
          your config file (Quiet and ReallyQuiet keywords), on the command line
          that you are using, or via redirection (ie: > /dev/null). Without the
          output messages, there is absolutely no way to know what is happening.
          The only other possibilites would be that you didn't specify a log
          file, so it's waiting for input from STDIN, which doesn't work from cron,
          or the program isn't generating anything because there is nothing to
          report on (blank log or already processed log in incremental mode).

          > The only things I can find is in the auth-log, and that no stats is
          > generated.

          authlog?!?!? well, ok, whatever.. what _exactly_ does it say?

          How do you give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt when you
          know that if you were to throw it in a room with truth, you'd
          risk a matter/anti-matter explosion? -- Nicholas Petreley IDG