RE: [webalizer] IIS 6

  • Paul Whitaker
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
      Message

      Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a Win 2000 server with IIS 5 and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is reading every file in the directory every time.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
        Message
        Oh...  Actually, I don't think I've got it running on a W2K3 / II6 combo...  But I've got a test server I can try.  Don't want to break existing machines with upgrades!!!

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
          Thanks Bradford. I have downloaded the Win32 version from your site. Here is
          the .conf file I am using:

          FolderLog c:\windows\system32\logfiles\w3svc1150500411\

          LogFile c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

          LogType iis

          OutputDir c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

          #HistoryName webalizer.hist

          Incremental yes

          #IncrementalName webalizer.current

          #ReportTitle Usage Statistics for

          HostName www.jeeptales.com

          HideReferrer jeeptales.com

          #HTMLExtension html

          PageType htm*
          PageType cfm
          #PageType phtml
          #PageType php3
          #PageType pl

          #UseHTTPS no

          CountryGraph no

          GroupReferrer yahoo.com/ Yahoo!
          GroupReferrer excite.com/ Excite
          GroupReferrer infoseek.com/ InfoSeek
          GroupReferrer webcrawler.com/ WebCrawler
          GroupReferrer google.com/ Google

          TopKSites 0

          # Usually you want to hide these
          HideURL *.gif
          HideURL *.GIF
          HideURL *.jpg
          HideURL *.JPG
          HideURL *.png
          HideURL *.css
          HideURL *.swf

          GroupAgent MSIE Microsoft Internet Explorer
          #HideAgent MSIE
          GroupAgent Mozilla Netscape
          #HideAgent Mozilla
          GroupAgent Lynx* Lynx
          #HideAgent Lynx*

          SearchEngine yahoo.com p=
          SearchEngine altavista.com q=
          SearchEngine google.com q=
          SearchEngine eureka.com q=
          SearchEngine lycos.com query=
          SearchEngine hotbot.com MT=
          SearchEngine msn.com MT=
          SearchEngine infoseek.com qt=
          SearchEngine webcrawler searchText=
          SearchEngine excite search=
          SearchEngine netscape.com search=
          SearchEngine mamma.com query=
          SearchEngine alltheweb.com query=
          SearchEngine northernlight.com qr=

          All I get now is:

          Warning: Truncating oversized username
          Skipping bad record (number)

          The log files are in W3C extended log file format. You mentioned a patch for
          W3C support. I did not see it.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
            Well, start with the obvious. Check in webalizer.conf
            that Incremental and History related options are
            correctly set and you didn't change them by mistake.

            Then check for the existance of webalizer.hist, and
            check if it is being actualized when you run the
            program (the modification date of the file should
            change). Check also webalizer.current if you are using
            incremental processing.

            If something of this fails, then it is ignoring
            history, and reprocessing every single file.

            Also, is it posible that the "Skipping Microsof IIS
            header record" has always appeared but you didn't
            notice before? (I haven't used the medasys version, so
            I don't know).

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Paul Whitaker
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005

              The .hist and .current files are there and the modified date on them both is today’s date and the time I last ran the program.

              It is possible that version does show Skipping MS IIS header. The problem is it is looking at every file in the folder and reading it again.

              --- Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

              > Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a
              > Win 2000 server with IIS 5
              > and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is
              > reading every file in the
              > directory every time.

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Jnha
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                Hello,

                It's seem you use , folderlog option then in this case Webalizer read all
                log file in a folder, just add RenameLogFile, for webalizer change extension
                of file after finish to process it.

                regards

                ________________________________

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                ________________________________
              • Southerland, Adam
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                  Personally, I just let it re-read all the logs. It doesn't hurt anything - just makes it take longer. Once I got it working like I wanted it, I just made a Task for it and let it run every night so I don't notice how long it takes toward the end of the month (At that time, logs are archived and a fresh start is started next month)

                  Adam Southerland

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005

                    Thank you. This has made it work properly.

                    --- Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

                    > Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a
                    > Win 2000 server with IIS 5
                    > and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is
                    > reading every file in the
                    > directory every time.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                    *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service