RE: [webalizer] IIS 6

  • Edward Chase
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14 8:27 AM
      Message
      Paul,

      I believe is that the answer is that webalizer does not read the IIS log files.  However http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/ does.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: webalizer@yahoogroups.com [mailto:webalizer@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Paul Whitaker
      Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 11:00 AM
      To: webalizer@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [webalizer] IIS 6

      I am using Webalizer on a Win 2003 server with IIS 6. It is rereading every file every time I run the program. The data is not being reprocessed. All I see when I run it from a command prompt is “Skipping Microsof IIS header record”

      I assume that is wrong. How do I stop it?

      Thanks in advance

      Paul Whitaker

    • Paul Whitaker
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14 8:36 AM
        Message

        Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a Win 2000 server with IIS 5 and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is reading every file in the directory every time.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14 9:10 AM
          Message
          Oh...  Actually, I don't think I've got it running on a W2K3 / II6 combo...  But I've got a test server I can try.  Don't want to break existing machines with upgrades!!!

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 14 9:15 AM
            Thanks Bradford. I have downloaded the Win32 version from your site. Here is
            the .conf file I am using:

            FolderLog c:\windows\system32\logfiles\w3svc1150500411\

            LogFile c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

            LogType iis

            OutputDir c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

            #HistoryName webalizer.hist

            Incremental yes

            #IncrementalName webalizer.current

            #ReportTitle Usage Statistics for

            HostName www.jeeptales.com

            HideReferrer jeeptales.com

            #HTMLExtension html

            PageType htm*
            PageType cfm
            #PageType phtml
            #PageType php3
            #PageType pl

            #UseHTTPS no

            CountryGraph no

            GroupReferrer yahoo.com/ Yahoo!
            GroupReferrer excite.com/ Excite
            GroupReferrer infoseek.com/ InfoSeek
            GroupReferrer webcrawler.com/ WebCrawler
            GroupReferrer google.com/ Google

            TopKSites 0

            # Usually you want to hide these
            HideURL *.gif
            HideURL *.GIF
            HideURL *.jpg
            HideURL *.JPG
            HideURL *.png
            HideURL *.css
            HideURL *.swf

            GroupAgent MSIE Microsoft Internet Explorer
            #HideAgent MSIE
            GroupAgent Mozilla Netscape
            #HideAgent Mozilla
            GroupAgent Lynx* Lynx
            #HideAgent Lynx*

            SearchEngine yahoo.com p=
            SearchEngine altavista.com q=
            SearchEngine google.com q=
            SearchEngine eureka.com q=
            SearchEngine lycos.com query=
            SearchEngine hotbot.com MT=
            SearchEngine msn.com MT=
            SearchEngine infoseek.com qt=
            SearchEngine webcrawler searchText=
            SearchEngine excite search=
            SearchEngine netscape.com search=
            SearchEngine mamma.com query=
            SearchEngine alltheweb.com query=
            SearchEngine northernlight.com qr=

            All I get now is:

            Warning: Truncating oversized username
            Skipping bad record (number)

            The log files are in W3C extended log file format. You mentioned a patch for
            W3C support. I did not see it.

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 14 9:30 AM
              Well, start with the obvious. Check in webalizer.conf
              that Incremental and History related options are
              correctly set and you didn't change them by mistake.

              Then check for the existance of webalizer.hist, and
              check if it is being actualized when you run the
              program (the modification date of the file should
              change). Check also webalizer.current if you are using
              incremental processing.

              If something of this fails, then it is ignoring
              history, and reprocessing every single file.

              Also, is it posible that the "Skipping Microsof IIS
              header record" has always appeared but you didn't
              notice before? (I haven't used the medasys version, so
              I don't know).

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Paul Whitaker
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14 9:46 AM

                The .hist and .current files are there and the modified date on them both is today’s date and the time I last ran the program.

                It is possible that version does show Skipping MS IIS header. The problem is it is looking at every file in the folder and reading it again.

                --- Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

                > Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a
                > Win 2000 server with IIS 5
                > and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is
                > reading every file in the
                > directory every time.

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Jnha
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14 10:24 AM
                  Hello,

                  It's seem you use , folderlog option then in this case Webalizer read all
                  log file in a folder, just add RenameLogFile, for webalizer change extension
                  of file after finish to process it.

                  regards

                  ________________________________

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  ________________________________
                • Southerland, Adam
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 14 10:33 AM
                    Personally, I just let it re-read all the logs. It doesn't hurt anything - just makes it take longer. Once I got it working like I wanted it, I just made a Task for it and let it run every night so I don't notice how long it takes toward the end of the month (At that time, logs are archived and a fresh start is started next month)

                    Adam Southerland

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 14 10:43 AM

                      Thank you. This has made it work properly.

                      --- Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

                      > Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a
                      > Win 2000 server with IIS 5
                      > and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is
                      > reading every file in the
                      > directory every time.

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                      *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service