IIS 6

  • Paul Whitaker
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005

      I am using Webalizer on a Win 2003 server with IIS 6. It is rereading every file every time I run the program. The data is not being reprocessed. All I see when I run it from a command prompt is “Skipping Microsof IIS header record”

      I assume that is wrong. How do I stop it?

      Thanks in advance

      Paul Whitaker

    • Edward Chase
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
        Message
        Paul,

        I believe is that the answer is that webalizer does not read the IIS log files.  However http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/ does.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
          Message

          Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a Win 2000 server with IIS 5 and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is reading every file in the directory every time.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
            Message
            Oh...  Actually, I don't think I've got it running on a W2K3 / II6 combo...  But I've got a test server I can try.  Don't want to break existing machines with upgrades!!!

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
              Thanks Bradford. I have downloaded the Win32 version from your site. Here is
              the .conf file I am using:

              FolderLog c:\windows\system32\logfiles\w3svc1150500411\

              LogFile c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

              LogType iis

              OutputDir c:\www\webalizer\jeeptales.com

              #HistoryName webalizer.hist

              Incremental yes

              #IncrementalName webalizer.current

              #ReportTitle Usage Statistics for

              HostName www.jeeptales.com

              HideReferrer jeeptales.com

              #HTMLExtension html

              PageType htm*
              PageType cfm
              #PageType phtml
              #PageType php3
              #PageType pl

              #UseHTTPS no

              CountryGraph no

              GroupReferrer yahoo.com/ Yahoo!
              GroupReferrer excite.com/ Excite
              GroupReferrer infoseek.com/ InfoSeek
              GroupReferrer webcrawler.com/ WebCrawler
              GroupReferrer google.com/ Google

              TopKSites 0

              # Usually you want to hide these
              HideURL *.gif
              HideURL *.GIF
              HideURL *.jpg
              HideURL *.JPG
              HideURL *.png
              HideURL *.css
              HideURL *.swf

              GroupAgent MSIE Microsoft Internet Explorer
              #HideAgent MSIE
              GroupAgent Mozilla Netscape
              #HideAgent Mozilla
              GroupAgent Lynx* Lynx
              #HideAgent Lynx*

              SearchEngine yahoo.com p=
              SearchEngine altavista.com q=
              SearchEngine google.com q=
              SearchEngine eureka.com q=
              SearchEngine lycos.com query=
              SearchEngine hotbot.com MT=
              SearchEngine msn.com MT=
              SearchEngine infoseek.com qt=
              SearchEngine webcrawler searchText=
              SearchEngine excite search=
              SearchEngine netscape.com search=
              SearchEngine mamma.com query=
              SearchEngine alltheweb.com query=
              SearchEngine northernlight.com qr=

              All I get now is:

              Warning: Truncating oversized username
              Skipping bad record (number)

              The log files are in W3C extended log file format. You mentioned a patch for
              W3C support. I did not see it.

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                Well, start with the obvious. Check in webalizer.conf
                that Incremental and History related options are
                correctly set and you didn't change them by mistake.

                Then check for the existance of webalizer.hist, and
                check if it is being actualized when you run the
                program (the modification date of the file should
                change). Check also webalizer.current if you are using
                incremental processing.

                If something of this fails, then it is ignoring
                history, and reprocessing every single file.

                Also, is it posible that the "Skipping Microsof IIS
                header record" has always appeared but you didn't
                notice before? (I haven't used the medasys version, so
                I don't know).

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Paul Whitaker
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005

                  The .hist and .current files are there and the modified date on them both is today’s date and the time I last ran the program.

                  It is possible that version does show Skipping MS IIS header. The problem is it is looking at every file in the folder and reading it again.

                  --- Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

                  > Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a
                  > Win 2000 server with IIS 5
                  > and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is
                  > reading every file in the
                  > directory every time.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • Jnha
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                    Hello,

                    It's seem you use , folderlog option then in this case Webalizer read all
                    log file in a folder, just add RenameLogFile, for webalizer change extension
                    of file after finish to process it.

                    regards

                    ________________________________

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                    <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                    ________________________________
                  • Southerland, Adam
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005
                      Personally, I just let it re-read all the logs. It doesn't hurt anything - just makes it take longer. Once I got it working like I wanted it, I just made a Task for it and let it run every night so I don't notice how long it takes toward the end of the month (At that time, logs are archived and a fresh start is started next month)

                      Adam Southerland

                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 14, 2005

                        Thank you. This has made it work properly.

                        --- Paul Whitaker <pwhit4@...> wrote:

                        > Yes. That is what I am using. I was using it on a
                        > Win 2000 server with IIS 5
                        > and it was working fine. Now for some reason it is
                        > reading every file in the
                        > directory every time.

                        http://mail.yahoo.com

                        *      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service