Another configuration question

  • Tony Rad
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23, 2005
      I'm having issues getting webalizer set up. The output I get from
      attempting to run webalizer is:

      Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.6.8) locale: C
      Using logfile /var/log/apache2/access.log (clf)
      Creating output in /var/www/webalizer
      Hostname for reports is 'dmz1'
      Reading history file... /var/www/webalizer/webalizer.hist
      No valid records found!

      The probably I'm assuming is it's reading the wrong log file. But I
      can't find the correct log file to use. Does anybody have an idea of
      where it might be/how I could find it? Any help at all would be great.
      I'm not sure what kind of other information you might want/need, so
      just ask me and I can look it up.

      Thanks!
      Tony Rad
    • Colonel Angel
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 23, 2005
        Tony,

        Have you checked your HTTPD log to see if the site has
        been accessed?

        If it hasn't, then it will display no records found.

        Also, you need to make sure that it is pointing to the
        /var/log/httpd/access file itself.

        Open up the access log file to see if anything is in
        the file. If it is blank, then the site is most
        likely not been accessed.

        I hope this helps. :)

        Angel

        --- Tony Rad <tonyrad3@...> wrote:

        > I'm having issues getting webalizer set up. The
        > output I get from
        > attempting to run webalizer is:
        >
        > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.6.8) locale: C
        > Using logfile /var/log/apache2/access.log (clf)
        > Creating output in /var/www/webalizer
        > Hostname for reports is 'dmz1'
        > Reading history file...
        > /var/www/webalizer/webalizer.hist
        > No valid records found!
        >
        > The probably I'm assuming is it's reading the wrong
        > log file. But I
        > can't find the correct log file to use. Does anybody
        > have an idea of
        > where it might be/how I could find it? Any help at
        > all would be great.
        > I'm not sure what kind of other information you
        > might want/need, so
        > just ask me and I can look it up.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Tony Rad

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mark Ireland
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 23, 2005
          Can anyone suggest a good alternative to Webalizer? Thanks

          REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
          http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 23, 2005
            > Can anyone suggest a good alternative to Webalizer? Thanks

            Lots of them! Just do a google search for "Log Analysis"..
            there are probably 100 or more packages out there.. pick the
            one that best suits your needs (and/or budget).

          • Tony Rad
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 25, 2005
              --- Colonel Angel <colonel_angel2004@...> wrote:

              > Tony,
              >
              > Have you checked your HTTPD log to see if the site
              > has
              > been accessed?
              >
              > If it hasn't, then it will display no records found.
              >
              > Also, you need to make sure that it is pointing to
              > the
              > /var/log/httpd/access file itself.
              >
              > Open up the access log file to see if anything is in
              > the file. If it is blank, then the site is most
              > likely not been accessed.
              >
              > I hope this helps. :)
              >
              > Angel
              >
              > --- Tony Rad <tonyrad3@...> wrote:
              >
              > > I'm having issues getting webalizer set up. The
              > > output I get from
              > > attempting to run webalizer is:
              > >
              > > Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.6.8) locale: C
              > > Using logfile /var/log/apache2/access.log (clf)
              > > Creating output in /var/www/webalizer
              > > Hostname for reports is 'dmz1'
              > > Reading history file...
              > > /var/www/webalizer/webalizer.hist
              > > No valid records found!
              > >
              > > The probably I'm assuming is it's reading the
              > wrong
              > > log file. But I
              > > can't find the correct log file to use. Does
              > anybody
              > > have an idea of
              > > where it might be/how I could find it? Any help at
              > > all would be great.
              > > I'm not sure what kind of other information you
              > > might want/need, so
              > > just ask me and I can look it up.
              > >
              > > Thanks!
              > > Tony Rad