Re: [webalizer] missing a day stats, do i have to re-run the stats for that month?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2005
      --- richmondsearain <huizhang66@...> wrote:

      > Hi, I missed one day stats, say 8/9/2005. and I
      > already run the stats
      > for 8/10, 8/11 etc.
      >
      > Now if I run the stats on 8/9 only, it will not
      > bring me back the 8/9
      > stats display.
      >
      > Do I have to remove the history of this month and
      > run day by day of
      > stats since 8/1 again, to have 8/9 stats back?
      >
      > Thanks!

      Yes, you have to.

      In this message it explains how to do it another way:

      Also, running days out of sequence (first tuesday,
      then monday) may confuse the webalizer history and
      cause webalizer to skip or to process twice some log
      lines, specially if you process again an already
      processed day.

      For example, you process half of tuesday, then process
      monday, then process all of tuesday, thinking that
      webalizer will account for the already processed half.

      Well, it you open your webalizer.hist file you'll see
      something like this, one line per month, with a
      maximum of 12 lines (1 year):

      1 2005 1781 1419 147 90617 1 31 1103 502

      This means:

      1 - Month January
      2005 - Year 2005
      1781 - total hits
      1419 - total files
      147 - total unique sites
      90617 - total KB
      1 - this is always one??
      31 - number of days in month
      1103 - total pages
      502 - total visits

      I found this info in this message:

      Sorry if you already knew this.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • richmondsearain
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2005
        so if for catch up the missing stats for the current month, i only
        need to remove the webalizer.current and re-run the logs for this
        monty day by day.

        webalizer.history is used for the info for the months before this
        current month?

        --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@y...>

      • richmondsearain
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2005
          Thanks!

          I removed the webalizer.current, and other files of the current month
          such as month, daily, hour usage .html for the current month.

          And re-run the current month stats.

          It solved the problem.

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "richmondsearain" <huizhang66@h...>