missing a day stats, do i have to re-run the stats for that month?

  • richmondsearain
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12 12:14 PM
      Hi, I missed one day stats, say 8/9/2005. and I already run the stats
      for 8/10, 8/11 etc.

      Now if I run the stats on 8/9 only, it will not bring me back the 8/9
      stats display.

      Do I have to remove the history of this month and run day by day of
      stats since 8/1 again, to have 8/9 stats back?

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13 12:49 AM
        --- richmondsearain <huizhang66@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I missed one day stats, say 8/9/2005. and I
        > already run the stats
        > for 8/10, 8/11 etc.
        >
        > Now if I run the stats on 8/9 only, it will not
        > bring me back the 8/9
        > stats display.
        >
        > Do I have to remove the history of this month and
        > run day by day of
        > stats since 8/1 again, to have 8/9 stats back?
        >
        > Thanks!

        Yes, you have to.

        In this message it explains how to do it another way:

        Also, running days out of sequence (first tuesday,
        then monday) may confuse the webalizer history and
        cause webalizer to skip or to process twice some log
        lines, specially if you process again an already
        processed day.

        For example, you process half of tuesday, then process
        monday, then process all of tuesday, thinking that
        webalizer will account for the already processed half.

        Well, it you open your webalizer.hist file you'll see
        something like this, one line per month, with a
        maximum of 12 lines (1 year):

        1 2005 1781 1419 147 90617 1 31 1103 502

        This means:

        1 - Month January
        2005 - Year 2005
        1781 - total hits
        1419 - total files
        147 - total unique sites
        90617 - total KB
        1 - this is always one??
        31 - number of days in month
        1103 - total pages
        502 - total visits

        I found this info in this message:

        Sorry if you already knew this.

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • richmondsearain
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13 8:57 AM
          so if for catch up the missing stats for the current month, i only
          need to remove the webalizer.current and re-run the logs for this
          monty day by day.

          webalizer.history is used for the info for the months before this
          current month?

          --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, Enric Naval <enventa2000@y...>

        • richmondsearain
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13 9:17 AM
            Thanks!

            I removed the webalizer.current, and other files of the current month
            such as month, daily, hour usage .html for the current month.

            And re-run the current month stats.

            It solved the problem.

            --- In webalizer@yahoogroups.com, "richmondsearain" <huizhang66@h...>