webzolver commends run in batch, paste all the webzolver statements to command l

  • richmondsearain
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2005
      My web access log is saved like this

      /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-06-01
      /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-06-02
      /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-06-30

      One site, one day, one log file.

      And I will run the webzolver on each file of these 30 files.

      webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-01
      webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-02
      webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-30

      Every time, it will take a few seconds to a dozen seconds to finish.

      Do I have to wait for the "webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-01" finished first, and then run "webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-02"

      Or can I just simply paste all these 30 statements to the command line
      "
      webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-01
      webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-02
      webazolver -N 5 -D
      dns_cache.db /weblogs/www.mysite.com/www.mysite.com-access_log-2005-
      06-30
      "

      And let the server run it automatically one by one. Will it cause
      any problems for the server?

      I know it would be better to write a unix script to loop around for
      the 30 times in the above case. But it is just an example, in some
      other cases, I may have 30 different sites web access logs for one
      day, I want to webzolver these 30 sites' logs for the same day to
      create the master dns_cache.db.

      So I think I would simply put these webzolver statements together in
      a text file and paste it to the unix command line and let it run one
      by one without me sitting here wait for one webozolver statement
      finished and then type in another statement. Could I do that?

      I tried to paste all the above 30 webzolver statements to the command
      line. It is ok. the server will run it one by one automatically.
      but every statement become very slow.

      It usually take 1 seconds for 7 address now it becomes 1 second 1
      address.

      What is the the logic reason behind this?