Re: [webalizer] Re: I runned webzolver and this is the message I get

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2005
      > But how to tell the webzolver to pick up the certain DNS server to
      > run? I didn't find the option for webzolver command to specify which
      > DNS server to use.

      The webalizer just does standard gethostbyaddr() system calls, so it
      uses whatever DNS servers your system is setup to use. It's different
      for various systems, but on a typical linux system, this is via the
      /etc/hosts.conf and /etc/resolv.conf files.. on Solaris, it would be
      /etc/nsswitch.conf and /etc/resolv.conf, etc..

      From the 'gethostbyaddr' man page (linux system):

      "The domain name queries carried out by gethostbyname() and
      gethostbyaddr() use a combination of any or all of the
      name server named(8), a broken out line from /etc/hosts,
      and the Network Information Service (NIS or YP), depending
      upon the contents of the order line in /etc/host.conf.
      (See resolv+(8)). The default action is to query
      named(8), followed by /etc/hosts."